Welcome Redeemer Listener!
Magnificat is a spiritual guide to help you develop your prayer life, grow in your spiritual life, find a way to a more profound love for Christ, and participate in the holy Mass with greater fervor.
Magnificat is a monthly publication designed for daily use, to encourage both liturgical and personal prayer. It can be used to follow daily Mass and can also be read at home or wherever you find yourself for personal or family prayer.
Every day, in a convenient, pocket-sized format, Magnificat offers beautiful prayers for both morning and evening drawn from the treasures of the Liturgy of the Hours, the official texts of daily Mass, meditations written by spiritual giants of the Church and more contemporary authors, essays on the lives of the saints of today and yesterday, and articles giving valuable spiritual insight into masterpieces of sacred art.
Every day, Magnificat helps you to:
Develop your prayer life
- Morning, evening, and night prayers inspired by the Liturgy of the Hours and adapted to your busy schedule
- First-rate spiritual and biblical essays
Participate in the Holy Mass
- Readings and prayers of each daily Mass
- Liturgical insights
Walk on the path of holiness
- Every day, the inspirational life of a saint, providing a model for daily living
Grow in your spiritual life
- Carefully selected daily meditations drawn from the writings of the Fathers of the Church as well as from recent spiritual masters
Contemplate inspiring masterpieces
- Inspiring, award-winning covers to help your meditation
- Full-color reproductions of great works of sacred art, complete with commentary
What you will receive every month in Magnificat
- Dear Friends: Each Magnificat opens with a thoughtful greeting from Father Sebastian White, O.P., editor-in-chief, addressing an important aspect of the month's Magnificat.
- Editorial: Every month Father Sebastian White, O.P., composes an original article of spiritual significance.
- Blessings: Centered on the liturgical season or a significant feast within the month, special blessings and prayers are here to enrich your daily prayer.
- Hymn of the Month and Marian Antiphon: An ancient hymn, presented in Latin and translated into English to share the Church's rich tradition of chant and liturgical music, accompanied by a Marian Antiphon, again presented in Latin and translated into English.
- Prayer at Night: Traditionally a short prayer, with fewer variations than the Prayers for Morning and Evening, so that, if desired, it can be memorized. People have most often prayed it alone immediately before retiring for the night. Families or other groups might also want to pray it together.
- Daily Prayers for the Morning and the Evening: Magnificat provides an excellent program of daily prayer inspired by the Liturgy of the Hours, the prayers recited by deacons, priests, and religious throughout the world. Readers join the Church's daily rhythm of prayer with psalms, hymns, canticles, readings, intercessions, and prayers – all adapted to the liturgical seasons and feasts.
- Daily Mass: Complete texts of the prayers and readings for Mass.
- Meditation of the Day: A meditation on the Gospel or the theme of the day from Fathers of the Church, saints, great spiritual writers, popes, and contemporary authors.
- Essays: Throughout your monthly Magnificat, spiritual writings from monthly contributors such as Bishop Robert Barron, Father Richard Veras, Professor Anthony Esolen, blogger Heather King, and more ! They share their personal experiences or give us a deeper insight into the beauty of Catholicism.
- Art Commentaries: Each month Magnificat provides two art commentaries: a short reflection on the cover by founding publisher Pierre-Marie Dumont, and an in-depth art history article detailing a second piece of art presented in the back of the issue.
Deepen your relationship with Jesus, his Blessed Mother, and his Church as you pray in the way the Church has been praying for hundreds of years.